Criminal Defense Lawyers in North Charleston, South Carolina
Based in Charleston, the criminal law attorneys at the Clekis Law Firm have more than thirty years of combined experience defending individuals charged with crimes.
We protect your rights, question probable cause, search and seizure issues, and the constitutionality of any statements given. We understand the fear and anxiety caused by an arrest, and we take any criminal charges as seriously as you do.
We represent clients with a wide range of criminal charges.
When defending your rights, experience matters. Our attorneys have experience in defending the following (but not limited to) the following practice areas:
- Drunken driving charges – sometimes referred to as DUI (driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol) or DWI (driving while imbibing or driving while intoxicated). We will also handle the DMV hearing that accompanies DUI-DWI charges.
- Drug charges – including possession, distribution (trafficking), and manufacturing of illegal drugs (e.g., crack cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamine(crystal meth), and heroin);
- Sex offense charges– including sex crimes involving minors (child pornography, statutory rape, and child molestation), internet porn, computer sex crimes, solicitation, prostitution, indecent exposure, rape, and sexual assault;
- Assault charges – including assault and battery, sexual assault, physical assault, fighting, assault with a deadly weapon, and other assault charges;
- Theft charges – including stealing, larceny, burglary, robbery, shoplifting, and other theft charges;
- Weapons charges – including possession of an illegal firearm, assault weapon, or other weapons charge;
- White collar crime – including criminal fraud, embezzlement, mail fraud, bank fraud, and other white collar crimes.