Based in Charleston, the criminal law attorneys at the Clekis Law Firm have more than four decades of combined experience defending individuals charged with crimes.
We protect your rights. We question probable cause, search and seizure issues, and constitutionality of any statements given. We understand the fear and anxiety caused by an arrest, and we take any criminal charges as seriously as you do.
We represent clients with a wide range of criminal charges.
When defending your rights, experience matters. We have over twenty years of criminal defense experience. We can handle most criminal law matters that include but not limited to the following:
- Drunken driving– sometimes referred to as DUI (driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol) or DWI (driving while imbibing or driving while intoxicated);we also handle the DMV hearing that accompanies DUI-DWI charges;
- Drug crimes– including possession, distribution (trafficking), and manufacturing of illegal drugs (e.g., crack cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamine(crystal meth), and heroin);
- Sex offenses– including sex crimes involving minors (child pornography, statutory rape, and child molestation), internet porn, computer sex crimes,solicitation, prostitution, indecent exposure, rape, and sexual assault;
- Assault charges – including assault and battery,sexual assault, physical assault, fighting, assault with a deadly weapon, and other assault charges;
- Theft crimes – including stealing, larceny, burglary, robbery, shoplifting, and other theft crimes;
- Weapons charges – including possession of an illegal firearm, assault weapon, or other weapons charge;
- White collar crime – including criminal fraud, embezzlement, mail fraud, bank fraud, and other white collar crimes.
We’re Paid Only If You Collect
Our Policy: If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an accident, we would like to help you. You can see us for free. In fact, we’re paid our fee and we recover expenses only if we collect money for you on your claim. Fees will be calculated before deducting the expenses advanced on behalf of the client.