Personal Injury Lawyer | Water Safety Tips
Personal Injury Lawyer | If proper safety precautions are not taken, water fun can lead to serious personal injury or even wrongful death.
Drowning is the leading cause of injury related death for children ages 1 to 4 years old. Drowning is the third leading cause of death for children of all ages.
Below are some tips offered by www.safekids.org that could keep your child safe around water:
- Never leave your child unattended around water. We know it sounds strict, but there is no room for compromise on this one. Babies can drown in as little as one inch of water.
- Put the cell phone away, forget about all the other things you have to do and give young children 100 percent of your attention when they are near or around water.
- Empty all tubs, buckets, containers and wading pools immediately after use. Store them upside down and out of children’s reach.
- Keep toilet lids closed and use toilet seat locks to prevent drowning. It’s also a good idea to keep doors to bathrooms and laundry rooms closed.
- Parents have a million things to do, but learning CPR should be on the top of the list. It will give you tremendous peace of mind – and the more peace of mind you have as a parent, the better.
Water safety for kids is important, especially in the summer months. Safeguard your child from the personal injury risks associated with water and have a great summer.
Since 1989, the personal injury lawyers of Clekis Law Firm have been representing injured people and their families in Charleston and throughout the Low Country. At the Clekis Law Firm our clients always come first. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury due to the negligence of another, don’t be victimized twice. You need someone on your side to help you with your personal injury case and obtain the fair and reasonable compensation that you deserve. Call Clekis at 843.779.1160!
For more information, Like us on Facebook!