Personal Injury Attorney | Slip and Fall Tips
Personal Injury Attorney | Knowing just what to do and what to look out for after a slip and fall accident can help protect you and your legal rights. So we’ve put together an easy list of safety tips for slip and fall situations.
Negligent property owners that cause injuries – whether it’s at a home, business, or rental property – can be held responsible for your medical bills. Follow these tips below to protect your legal rights.
After an Accident Tips
- Get medical help as soon as possible
- Take photos – the scene can change and hazards can be fixed
- Collect names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses
- Immediately report the fall to the property owner
- Take notes on the conditions that contributed to the accident
- Place shoes and clothing that you were wearing during the accident in a safe storage place
- Contact an attorney before talking with an insurance company or signing any papers. Don’t sign away your rights!
Slip and Fall Prevention Tips
Keep yourself safe and protected from falls by following these simple safety steps:
- Tread Lightly – Make sure your shoes have good tread
- Know Your A-B-C’s – Always Be Careful – be aware of your surroundings and any changes to them
- 20-20 – Have your vision checked and wear any needed contacts or eyeglasses
- Listen Up – In many instances, hearing can be just as important as seeing
- Read the Fine Print – Make sure you read and follow any instructions when using ladders or other equipment
- Slow Down – When there’s inclement weather, take extra precaution – walk slower and be on your guard
Since 1989, the personal injury attorney of Clekis Law Firm have been representing injured people and their families in Charleston and throughout the Low Country. At the Clekis Law Firm our clients always come first. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury due to the negligence of another, don’t be victimized twice. You need someone on your side to help you with your personal injury case and obtain the fair and reasonable compensation that you deserve. Call Clekis at 843.779.1160!
For more information, Like us on Facebook!