Personal Injury Attorney | Dog Training Tips
Personal Injury Attorney | How to Train Your Dog Not to Bite
Training a Dog Not to Bite
These steps allow dog owners to gain better control of their pets when dogs come into contact with people.
• If possible, teach dogs not to bite when they are puppies. Dogs typically learn boundaries when it comes to biting when they are playing with other dogs early on in their lives. Cries and yelps indicate that a dog has bitten too hard, and this feedback lets them know that they need to be gentler. Owners can help to set boundaries with their dogs by making loud yelping noises when their dogs mouth their hands.
• Ensure that dogs are not in pain or distress when coming into contact with people. Friendly dogs may become aggressive when they are fearful or feel pain, and the only way to prevent biting in this instance is to remove the dog from the situation.
• Avoid playing games that encourage aggressive behavior. Tug of war is a popular game for dog owners to play with their pets, but this game is focused on allowing either an owner or a dog to exert dominance.
• Teach dogs basic commands as soon as possible after they join the family. Commands including “sit” and “stay” help to keep dogs under control when they are coming into contact with unfamiliar people.
• Ask unfamiliar people not to pet or prod a dog. Friendly dogs may become aggressive when they come into contact with strangers.
Get Help From a Personal Injury Attorney
Anyone who has been bitten by a dog belonging to another person should contact personal injury attorneys for help. The legal professionals at Clekis Law are experienced and knowledgeable when it comes to personal injury cases. Contact a personal injury attorney at Clekis for assistance with pursuing the compensation that is needed and deserved after an injury occurs.
Since 1989, the personal injury attorneys of Clekis Law Firm have been representing injured people and their families in Charleston and throughout the Low Country. At the Clekis Law Firm our clients always come first. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury due to the negligence of another, don’t be victimized twice. You need someone on your side to help you with your personal injury case and obtain the fair and reasonable compensation that you deserve. Call Clekis at 843.779.1160!
For more information, Like us on Facebook!