Personal Injury Attorney | 7 Top Distractions for Drivers
Personal Injury Attorney | Seven Big Distractions for Drivers
Texting gets a lot of attention as an accident culprit, but it’s not the only distraction worth avoiding. Ranging from makeup to food to maps, there are a lot of distractions on the road. Police officers and personal injury attorneys have seen many accidents, and they know that even the smallest distractions can cause big trouble. Anything that takes your eyes off the road for even one second can put everyone on the road in danger.
Seven Distractions Every Driver Should Be Aware Of
Being responsible on the road means following all prevailing traffic laws. You probably know that talking on a cellphone handset and texting while driving are illegal, but those aren’t the only distracted-driving snafus that safety advocates and personal injury attorneys believe you should avoid. Make sure that all the drivers in your house are aware of these seven other big distractions.
- Hands-free cellphones. Even though they’re legal, the act of holding a conversation can be distracting. Keep on-the-road calls brief.
- GPS and mapping applications. Enter everything into your GPS system or mapping app before you start driving.
- Food. Eating a meal on the go is both dangerous and messy. Pull over at a park or rest stop to eat.
- MP3 players, stereos and radios. Get your groove going before you start driving so that you’re not distracted by the tiny screen on your iPod while on the road.
- Makeup and hair tools. Primping behind the wheel takes your eyes and hands off the road, and it often results in makeup disasters too.
- Reading. It’s just common sense, but we’ve all seen others reading papers and books while driving.
- Dropped items. Wait until you’ve pulled over to retrieve items that you’ve dropped while driving.
Driving free of distractions means you’re doing your part to protect others on the road. Unfortunately, not everyone is aware of the negative impacts of distracted driving. If your life has been altered by a distracted-driving accident, know that a personal injury attorney can help you find justice and peace.
Since 1989, the personal injury attorneys of Clekis Law Firm have been representing injured people and their families in Charleston and throughout the Low Country. At the Clekis Law Firm our clients always come first. If you or a loved one has suffered a serious personal injury due to the negligence of another, don’t be victimized twice. You need someone on your side to help you with your personal injury case and obtain the fair and reasonable compensation that you deserve. Call Clekis at 843.779.1160!
For more information, Like us on Facebook!