Do I Need an Accident Lawyer in Charleston, South Carolina?
If you’ve been hurt in an accident in Charleston, South Carolina, you might be wondering whether you need an accident lawyer. This will depend on many factors, including the seriousness of your injuries, the type of injury you have suffered, and negligence of the other party in your accident. If you are not sure about whether you need an accident lawyer in Charleston, South Carolina, the Clekis Law Firm is here for you. Give us a call. We can review your case and help you understand the next steps you may be able to take. Here are some factors that will impact whether you need an accident lawyer:
- You were seriously injured in an auto accident, pedestrian accident, bike accident, motorcycle accident, or truck accident. Serious injuries can leave victims and their families facing high medical bills and high losses. You may have already received medical bills from care you may have already received, but you may also be able to seek damages for future medical bills and future lost wages. Estimating the value of a claim with a serious injury can be more complex than estimating the value of a claim for a more minor injury. For example, you and your family may be entitled to seek pain and suffering damages in addition to damages to cover medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages. The Clekis Law Firm is a Charleston, South Carolina accident law firm that is here to help seriously injured victims seek justice.
- You were involved in a truck accident. Truck accident claims can be highly complex because the truck industry is governed by strict federal and state laws. Drivers are required to abide by hours of service laws and companies must follow strict laws regarding vehicle maintenance, loading, and other compliance requirements. These accidents can also sometimes be more serious than car accidents, involving more injuries. Finally, more than one stakeholder may be involved following a truck accident. Victims may be able to make a claim from the driver, the truck company, their insurers, shippers, loaders, maintenance personnel, and more.
- You were hurt due to medical malpractice. The process for filing a medical malpractice claim can be highly complex. Strict legal processes must be followed in these claims. For example, victims must notify medical providers that they have the intent to sue, and a qualified medical expert must provide testimony on the case. Meeting strict deadlines and time limits, properly following procedures, and understanding caps on damages is essential for individuals who may want to make a medical malpractice claim. For those with legitimate medical malpractice claims, victims and their families can see justice served.
- Your Insurance Company Is Making It Difficult for You to Seek a Claim. Insurance companies have a responsibility to honor your policy. However, if you are having difficulty getting a settlement from your insurance company or if you believe the settlement your insurance company is offering you is lower than what you deserve, the Clekis Law Firm is an accident law firm in Charleston, South Carolina that may be able to help you. Our Charleston accident lawyers can review your policy, help you understand your rights, review your losses and estimate damages, and then negotiate with adjusters to help you get the settlement you may deserve. Sometimes your accident lawyer can negotiate a settlement outside of court, and sometimes your lawyer may need to take your case to court. Regardless of the situation, the Clekis Law Firm is here for you if you are having difficulty with an insurance claim.
- Defective Products. Defective products claims can also be challenging, but the Clekis Law Firm is an accident law firm in Charleston, South Carolina that is here for you. Our lawyer can review recalls, investigate the circumstances surrounding your injuries, and fight diligently for your rights.
- Worker’s Compensation Denied. In many cases, an employer can file your worker’s compensation claim for you or you can file a claim yourself, and get the coverage you may deserve. Sometimes individuals face worker’s compensation denials or are told by their employer that they don’t qualify for coverage. If you find yourself in this situation, you may have options. You may be able to appeal your denied worker’s compensation claim, and if you are not covered by worker’s compensation, in some situations, you may even have the right to pursue a lawsuit against your employer. Worker’s compensation claims can sometimes be complicated. The Clekis Law Firm is a Charleston, South Carolina accident law firm that may be able to help.
These are just some situations where accident victims may need the assistance of a lawyer. If you have any question at all about whether you need a lawyer, reach out to the Clekis Law Firm today. Our accident lawyers in Charleston, South Carolina is here to take your call and can help you navigate the next steps.