According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 10,000 people lost their lives this year due to a preventable crime. Sadly, alcohol related accidents increase during the holiday seasons more than any other time of the year. There could be anytime when you get into an auto accident as a result of a drunk driver. If this happens, you will want to contact an auto accident attorney right away. In North Charleston and Charleston, SC, Clekis Law Firm can help you if you’ve been involved in an auto accident. If you’ve been hurt as a result of a drunk driver or know someone who has, you will want to call the auto accident attorney at Clekis Law Firm. They are only paid if you collect what you deserve.
In an effort to help keep you and your loved ones safe, it is important to notice signs of an intoxicated driver, such as:
- Stopping erratically without cause
- Swerving or weaving across the road
- Drifting between lanes
- Responding slow to traffic signals
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
Mother’s Against Drunk Driving (MADD) created a list of four things to do if you see a drunk driver:
- Try to stay as far away from the suspected intoxicated driver as possible
- Avoid passing the vehicle or attempting to signal the driver to pull over
- Pay attention to the make and model of the car and if possible the license plate number
- Pull to the side of the road and call 911 with the location and description of the vehicle
If you have suffered due to the negligence of a drunk driver, our attorneys at Clekis Law may be able to help you obtain the compensation you deserve to help cover expensive medical bills, lost wages from work, and pain and suffering. For more information, call 843-779-1160 or click here to fill out a free case consultation.